Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hawaii!

This Post is Dedicated to Aunt Lisa.
Kauai:
Our adventures under the sea in Koala Landing in Kauai. We were hoping to find Ariel.

Sara brought the flashlight to see if we could find her.

We did not nee the flashlight. Here she is in the North Shore of Kauai.

Here is an Octopus we saw. It was pretty scary scuba diving at night.
Pretty Pictures (I have nothing to say).

South Pacific, Jurassic Park and alot of other movies were filmed on this beach. This was one of our sights we saw when whale watching.


This is the Grand canyon in Kauai.
Oahu:
Sara was checkin out the surfing competition at Sunset Beach in Oahu because Eric made her. The swells were about 30-50 feet the week before, so they waited til they were 20 feet. The numbers could have been different, but the important thing to remember is they were ginormous.

Sara just wanted the picture of the surfer in the background.

Boogie boarders, No Eric was not dumb enough to get in. But some foreign guys in there 60's were and one was swept into the ocean and it took him 1 hour to get back on shore. The lifeguard told him he should not go out there, but he did anyways.


The PCC. Yes we do have Leis on (You can insert your joke here).

This guy on the left(Korea) banged on drums at the Tongan performance and he was a hit.

Sara and Eric enjoyed the freshly made Pina Coladas. The best ones we have ever tasted. They put cocunut, cocunut syrup, and the secret ingredient Pineapple, incase you wanted to make it yourself.

Hanauma Bay, Sorry if it is misspelled.

11 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow!!! That looks awesome (aside from the scary scuba diving, yikes!) you guys are so much fun. Someday Ethan and I may vacation there and you'll have to let us in on all the great places to visit. You totally know how to vacation!

Denice said...

How fun, not sure I could dive at night. Did you stay on one island the whole time. Sam and I are going in April. I think I'll have to do some talking to you

aLi said...

Oooh I am so jealous!!! That looks like ... oh, I don't know.... F.U.N!!!
Eric you are funny.
Sara you look so cute!

aLi said...

bytheway,
Why the dedication to Aunt Lisa? I love her, too. Just curious!

Sara & Eric said...

dedication to aunt lisa explanation: she insisted I put pictures on the blog form hawaii.... she better comment.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

(Echoing Kim...WOW!!! What a FUN vacation and what a beautiful place to visit! Nice pics!!! You both look happy. love, Momma Jane

Duane + Lisa said...

Wow! It's been a while since I checked blogs...glad I did!!! (I feel mighty important to have my name mentioned, by the way!) So where were your favorite places and things to do? I'm glad you shared the pic's. They are great!
Lisa

Jeni said...

I loved reading about your trip. Ariel looks as good as ever. Thank you for a post! We all appreciate it!

Sara & Eric said...

Denice, We went to two islands. Oahu is more touristy, but fun. Kauai was gorgeous and filled with some great sites. It was also more rural.
Lisa, There were so many cool places. We liked whale watching. The Grand Canyon on Kauai was sweet. I loved the North Shore and watching the waves. I would skip Hanauma Bay if I went again. The PCC was sweet!
The one regret is we did not spend enough time at the beach and in the water.

katherine purser said...

lucky kids! i want to go to hawaii! looks super fun and beautiful and warm:) we need to see each other again...jovi wants to meet you! i'll call you to come visit, or if you beat me to it, call me and come visit! glad to see you're doing well and enjoying life:)

aLi said...

hey where's your baby ticker? ;)